What is the value of NMN
As mentioned earlier in "what is nmn", the core value of NMN is that it can most effectively improve the level of NAD+, so let's see what value NAD+ has.
- Provides energy for various biochemical reactions in cells.
- Assists various proteins in their respective missions, especially sirtuins, the proteins responsible for repairing damaged DNA.
What is sirtuins
- Sirtuins are a family of enzymes, participating in cellular stress responses and damage repair.
- One particular sirtuin called Sirt1 can stabilize telomeres, the shortening of which is thought to be closely related to aging.
- Sirtuins involved in the secretion of insulin, as well as in various metabolic processes.
- Sirtuins can help maintain genome integrity and promote DNA repair.
- Sirtuins are a class of NAD(+)-dependent enzymes, sirtuins' activation requires NAD+.
NAD+ plays a key role in cellular energy supply
- NAD+ is one of the keys to maintaining healthy mitochondrial functions